Pineapple, warm butter, gooey brown sugar and cherries are the delicious flavors that make up a pineapple-upside down cake. Now you can have all those amazing tastes in a cupcake. And you can eat the whole thing yourself. How great is that!?
Let’s get started! First, you will need Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix, butter, brown sugar and, of course, cherries.
Cut each pineapple slice into four pieces; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
Top each with two pineapple pieces. Place a cherry half, cut side up, in the center of the pineapple pieces.
Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
Run a knife around the edge of the cupcakes to loosen. Invert the pan onto a cookie sheet and lift up.
Serve warm and enjoy one or two cupcakes yourself!
Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
- 1 can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Cut each pineapple slice into 4 pieces; set aside. In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3In small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture into each muffin cup. Top each with 2 pineapple pieces. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of pineapple pieces. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- 4Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen; invert onto cookie sheet. Serve warm.
via : bettycrocker