Easy Chocolate Covered Cherries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 10 oz Maraschino Cherries
- 2 tbsp softened Butter
- 1 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp liquid from Maraschino Cherry
- 1/2 tsp Invertase (It can be omitted without affecting the taste, but your centers will not liquefy)
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice.
- Let dab the cherries gently with a paper towel so that they are as dry as possible.
- Set them aside on paper towels to continue to dry while you prepare the sugar dough.
- In a medium size bowl mix butter,cup of powdered sugar, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon of liquid from cherries and invertase.
- Stir until blended. Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.Roll the sugar dough in 1/2-inch balls.
- Flatten the balls and use the flattened dough to completely cover the cherry.
- Refrigerate the dough covered cherries for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate according to the directions on the back of the package. I use the microwave.
- Dip balls in chocolate with a fork, shaking off excess and return to prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate the covered cherries for 20 minutes.
- Carefully drizzle chocolate over truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- These can also be frozen for longer storage.