Christmas shouldn't have a monopoly on gingerbread houses. The color of gingerbread fits beautifully with the colors of Halloween, and there's plenty of candy for decorating. Let's make a haunted gingerbread cabin!
Ingredients & Materials:
- Flour, sugar, molasses, salt, spices, shortening, eggs -- for gingerbread
- Royal icing -- I use meringue powder with powdered sugar & water; easier than homemade
- Cardboard round (9-12") for the base. Make your own from a sturdy box, or buy from a baking supply store
- Foil to cover base
- Pastry bags and tips for decorating with royal icing
- Food color (paste or powder) for coloring icing. A little black made the grayish base color
- Candy, whole spices and/or seeds for decorating
See how to make at link below...